28 October 2009

Ubuntu Karmic release party

I looked through the Ubuntu release party map. As expected majority of the parties are in US & Europe.

Parties in Asia are far too widespread. Surprisingly Ubuntu Release parties are being held in Iran and none in India. I am going to change this. I will have a party at home and update my Jaunty to Karmic! If you are in Pune, you are welcome to join me.

Unlike other software open source software have the advantage that you are not dependent on the company website for downloading the software. These software are released on Bit-Torrents. Load is kept to the minimum on the main server as the files are shared on a peer-to-peer network. In fact reliability of the download is better when done from Bit-Torrent.

Keep a look out for the final image here.

No comments:

Post a Comment