23 August 2010

Failures are the stepping stones to success

I often hear people discuss why someone is not suited for a particular role or may not have the necessary characteristics for a task.

We can never measure anybody's capability. Nor can we how someone will fare in a particular situation. I think we should give challenging tasks and provide necessary guidance. There maybe failures but it will make the team member stronger & motivated to outperform the next task.

Small failures can be managed correctly. After all what is management for? Hence I feel it is management selfishness to resolve failures which lead to people not getting the correct opportunities to show their caliber.

Go-out let your team members fail once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Homi, you hit the nail right on the spot.
    1) No person is capable of measuring other.
    2) It's manager's job to get the best out of his resources by providing all the assistance they can. And also, to manage failures.
    3) There are so many types of behavior of people that we just can not measure or have any clue of.

    As I am learning about human behavior in my college, the more I am understanding the futile and potentially disastrous outcomes of the so called appraisals I have been through.

    ReplyDelete